Founded by Kamal Alexander Hamod, MD, MPH, the PelviCure Center™ strives to make a positive difference for women of all ages seeking to recapture their sexual wellbeing and restore their pelvic health and wellness.
Dr. Hamod and his team of compassionate, dedicated professionals have a patient-centered approach that includes a highly customized assessment and diagnosis process, as well as pioneering treatments in the field of pelvic pain and female sexual dysfunction.
The PelviCure Center™ offers the full spectrum of gynecology services, with a special emphasis on the diagnosis and management of pelvic pain, sexual disorders and genitourinary disorders. We’ve included some information below; please don’t hesitate to contact our office in the Baltimore area to learn more or to schedule an appointment.
Pelvic pain can affect women and girls of all ages at any point in their lives. Pre-pubescent girls, teenagers, childbearing and postmenopausal women can all be affected.
- Chronic perineal and peri-rectal tears
- Clitorodynia and Restless genital syndrome (persistent genital arousal disorder)
- Deep pelvic pain and deep dyspareunia
- Non-sexually acquired genital ulcers (NSGU)
- Pudendal neuralgia & pelvic floor hypertonic dysfunction/ overactivity (Levator and myalgia)
- Vestibulodynia (Vulvar vestibulitis syndrome)
- Vulvar adhesions in prepubertal girls
- Vulvar dermatoses (Vulvar dystrophy, Lichen sclerosus)
- Vulvar neuropathy
- Vulvodynia (vulvar dysesthesia) and intoital dyspareunia
43% of American women suffer from some form of female sexual dysfunction. We consult with, diagnose and treat thousands of women experiencing altered sexual desire, hindered arousal and/or inhibited or painful orgasms.
Stress urinary incontinence (SUI) is not uncommon among women; it can be caused by a range of factors, including age and vaginal labor. 66% of women suffer from SUI; 29% began noticing symptoms in their 40s, 23% noticed issues after giving birth.